Pre-compiled packages are available for Linux (in AppImage format), OSX and Windows.
The full changelog as well as installation instructions can be found in the GitHub release page.
Here are the main highlights from this new version:
- Modified and improved user interface (read more about it in my previous post)
- Improved crop tool
- Improved support for optical corrections via the LensFun library
- Introduction of cut/copy/paste/delete commands for layers
- Introduction of some handy keyboard shortcuts
- A complete re-write of the GIMP plug-in, now implemented as a separate package (read more about the new plug-in here and here in this same blog)